Did you know that when you are born, you have around 4,000,000 immature eggs? You’ll never create new ones - by puberty you’ll have just 10% of these left, and with each menstrual cycle, or ‘period’, you’ll lose them gradually until menopause.
To fall pregnant naturally, you need to:
- Menstruate regularly,
- Produce a mature egg with each menstrual cycle,
- Produce oestrogen and progesterone,
- Ovulate (release the egg),
- Have fallopian tubes with no blockages,
- Have an endometrial lining that will receive the fertilised egg and allow it to implant.